1522 17th Street
Lewiston, ID 83501
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:30pm
Closed for lunch 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Tri-State Clearwater Medical Behavioral Health appointments are available to persons ages 16 and older. Their clinic provides an open, supportive, and confidential environment to address behavioral health concerns through integrated behavioral health care.
Integrated behavioral health care blends medical conditions and related behavioral health factors affecting health and well-being in one setting. Integrated behavioral health care is part of a whole-person care in which behavioral health and medical providers work together. It is a rapidly emerging shift in the practice of high-quality health care. Integrated behavioral health care may address the following:
- Health behaviors and lifestyle changes (including their contribution to chronic medical illnesses)
- Mental health and substance abuse conditions
- Life stressors and crises
- Stress-related physical symptoms
- Ineffective patterns of health care utilization
Frequently, physical and mental health issues occur together. For example, people with diabetes or cardiac conditions often develop depression as well. Providers practicing integrated behavioral health care recognize that both medical and behavioral health factors are important parts of a person’s overall health. Medical and behavioral health clinicians collaborate with each other, patients, and families to address health concerns identiﬁed during medical visits. The advantage is better coordination and communication while working towards overall health goals.
Receiving both behavioral health and primary care treatment in one integrated setting can help people continue to work, attend school, engage with their families, participate in their communities, and be able to thrive. Ultimately, the goal of behavioral health interventions are similar to those of other primary care treatment – helping people function so they can lead healthier, fuller lives.
- Clarify a problem (assess and evaluate complex situations)
- Adjust to illness or health concern
- Develop an action plan (identify steps to resolve a situation)
- Handle a crisis
- Sort through a patient’s options
- Resolve complex issues with a focused, extended treatment process
- Counseling/Psychotherapy, Individual Services (for patients 16 years and older)
- Specialized Programs (please contact us for more information)